Opera Mobile 11 for Maemo, MeeGo and Windows
Today we are launching final versions of Opera Mobile 11 for Android and Symbian/S60 as well as Mini 6 for various platforms. We are also making available builds of Opera Mobile 11 for Maemo, MeeGo and Windows here on labs.opera.com. The MeeGo and Windows builds come with our new tablet optimized UI.
On MeeGo, you may need to install the downloaded RPM package by running "rpm -i " as root in a terminal window. On the WeTab a reboot is required before the Opera icon becomes visible.
The recommended way to install on Maemo is to use the Application manager and enable the extras-testing repository.
Tap to zoom has been changed from single-click to double-click. You can now click links without having to zoom in first.
So what else is new? A lot:
- Modernized new user interface
- New UI optimized for tablet devices
- Major improvements in panning and zooming
- Faster framerates
- No checkerboard, ever
- Text stays sharp during zooming
- Improved text-wrap on zoom
- Incremental zooming for devices w/o multi-touch
- Buttons for jumping to the top/bottom of the page
- Share URL on social networks, email etc
- Improved Geolocation support
- Session restore
- Application Cache
- WebStorage and WebDatabase
- DOM touch and multi-touch events
- HTML5 Audio/Video
- Support for CSS @viewport
- Improved support for meta viewport
- Support for Web Open Font Format (WOFF)
- Support for Arabic ligatures
- Improved form fields skin