This post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license.
Please dive in, read through the articles, spread the word and send me your feedback so I can improve the course as much as possible....
The new articles
Advanced CSS study
- Headers, footers, columns, and templates, by Ben Henick
- Programming - the real basics!, by Christian Heilmann
- Traversing the DOM, by Mike West
- Creating and modifying HTML, by Stuart Langridge
- Graceful degredation versus progressive enhancement, by Christian Heilmann
At this point, there is still a lot of work to be done; the next steps I envisage for the web standards curriculum (in no particular order) are as follows:
- Translations: This has started already, but now I have the core course out the way, I will be continuing this effort in earnest. Get in touch if you want to help with translations!
- Accessible PDFs: I will be creating accessible PDFs of all the articles, to allow them to be printed out more easily.
- Adoption in education: Again, I have already started this effort, but I will be trying to push the curriculum at universities and schools as much as possible, to manimise the benefit it can bring. Get in touch with me if you want to help bring the curriculum to your school or university.