University Talk Resources, March 2010: HTML5 & CSS3 Slides
I am about to embark on somewhat of a mission. Of education. In March I am visiting a number of universities to give talks on HTML5 and CSS3, along with slotting SXSWi somewhere in the middle of it all to talk about cross-device accessibility and web standards education (and maybe have a beer or two).
The university tour looks like so:
- March 5th: Manchester Metropolitan University, UK. 13:00-14:00 in Geoffrey Manton building, room 201.
- March 9th: Art Institute of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia, USA. 17.15-18.15 reception followed by talks 18.30-20.30.
- March 10th: University of Texas in Austin, USA. Talks 19.30-20.30 in Welch Hall (Room 2.304). Cookies included.
- March 12th-16th: Break for SXSWi!
- March 17th: Texas State Technical College, Waco, Texas, USA. Contact College for more details.
- March 19th: University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, USA. My talk here is part of the DevChatt event. **UPDATE** Location and time to be announced; details currently in flux!
- March 23rd: University of Georgia, Atlanta, USA. Talk at 6pm. Contact university for more details.
- HTML5 and CSS3 slides
- HTML5 and CSS3 examples (3mb; video files removed to cut down file size - you'll have to provide your own!)
I will also be promoting my new book along the way — InterAct with Web Standards: A Holistic Approach to Web Design — coauthored along with a number of my friends and colleagues in the WaSP Edu Task Force. With this book we are aiming to provide the ultimate teaching/learning guide for web design basics, and discuss the bigger picture — so many books just yarn on about HTML and/or CSS in isolation, but we also cover using the Web to learn more effectively, information architecture, accessibility, and more. Check it out asap!