HTML5 Multimedia — Bruce’s Frontrow, Krakow, Poland Presentation
Fate (and RyanAir) took me once again to the super country of Poland, where I was honoured to keynote day 2 of the inaugural Frontrow Conference.
Here's a video of the talk:
Here are my slides:
Here's the demo of Hixe's HTML5 keyboard (video not working in IE9 for mysterious reasons).
- Introduction to HTML5 video by Moi and Patrick Lauke
- Video for Everybody - Kroc Camen frankensteins in olde-worlde Flash embed code as fallback for HTML5 video
- Video API spec
- Spec for the
<track>element for subtitles/ captioning etc
- WebVTT format explained by Ian Devlin
- Playr - lightweight polyfill script that fakes
<track>support in browsers that don't have native support (eg, all of them)
- leanback player - a player that polyfills <track> support and has excellent keyboard support.
- MediaElement.js - jQuery-based polyfill that fakes track support and degrades to custom Flash and Silverlight players that mimic the HTML5 MediaElement API for older browsers
- Synchronising multiple media elements - nascent specification: highly liable to change!
getUserMediawith bonus link to the Magic HTML5 Moustache demo
- Playing with HTML5 video and getUserMedia support - tutorial article
Thanks to the organisers and attendees for the invitation and their attention. And to the Park Inn hotel for the first good hotal sauna in months.