Opera Indonesian University Tour 2009
Zi Bin and I had a wonderful two weeks touring Indonesian Universities with Putri. We visited 10 Universities in five cities and spoke to 2500 students.
My talk is available on Slideshare:
The resources that I demoed were
- Filament Group's jQuery plugin for graphing data tables
- My HTML5 forms demo, including range, date, regex validation
- CSS Media Queries demo - try slowly reducing the width of the browser
You can also download Opera Desktop which I was using to demo, and which includes Opera Unite, Opera Turbo and Opera Dragonfly.
Opera Developer Network has some beginner's
canvas tutorials available:
- HTML 5 canvas - the basics
- Creating an HTML 5 canvas painting application
- Creating pseudo 3D games with HTML 5 canvas and raycasting
- Creating pseudo 3D games with HTML 5 canvas and raycasting: Part 2
Some other useful resources:
- HTML5 validator
- HTML5 outliner
- the author's version of the HTML5 specification (much shorter than the main version and generated from the same source, but without all the parsing rules and algorithms for browser manufacturers and other implementors)
- HTML5 Doctor (I'm a co-curator of this site)
- SVG vs. Canvas on Trivial Drawing Application: a comparison of
- An article called Designing a blog with HTML that covers some 0of the new HTML5 markup elements. (Two articles on my personal blog cover it in much more detail: Redesigning with HTML 5 and WAI-ARIA and Marking up a blog with HTML 5 (part 2).)
You can see the team blog as we went:
- First Seminar in Indonesia Uni Tour
- Sepuluh Nophember Institute of Technology, Surabaya
- Gunadarma University - Depok
- University of Indonesia & Meet-up @Wetiga
- We are the celebrities!
- "Bandung Bagus!"
- Yogyakarta, 23rd November 2009
Zi Bin's presentation is also available: