Chris Mills is a web technologist, open standards evangelist and education agitator, currently working at Mozilla. He spends most of his time writing articles about web standards for dev.opera.com and other publications (such as .net mag and A List Apart), giving talks at universities and industry conferences, and lobbying universities to improve their web education courses. He believes that education is the answer to everything, but in particular he is passionate about using education to improve the overall content quality, accessibility, usability and future-viability of the Web.
He is the creator of the Opera Web standards curriculum, contributor to the WaSP InterACT project, and coauthor of InterACT with web standards: A Holistic Approach to Web Design. In August 2011, he also accepted the position of co-chair of the newly-formed Web Education Community Group. Besides all of that, he has previously worked as the Editor of Dev.Opera and a Web Evangelist at Opera Software.
Outside work he is a heavy metal drummer, proud father of three and lover of good beer.
- An Introduction to CSS Regions
- CSS Viewport Units:
- Remotely Debugging Opera for Android
- Creating TV Store Icons, Thumbnails and Screenshots
- Animating Flexboxes: The Lowdown
- Advanced Cross-Browser Flexbox
- Native CSS Feature Detection via the
- Raw WebGL 101 — Part 4: Textures
- Flexbox — Fast Track to Layout Nirvana?
- The Web Standards Curriculum Is Dead; Long Live WebPlatform.org!
- Raw WebGL 101 — Part 3: Advanced Shader
- A Labs Release to Get Your SPDY Senses Tingling
- Raw WebGL 101 — Part 2: A Simple Shader
- Desktop Build With New Extension APIs: Screenshot, Resource Loader and URL Filter
- Making a Move With CSS3 Animations
- SXSWi: The Aftermath Roundup
- Singing an Opera at SXSWi 2012
- Raw WebGL 101 — Part 1: Getting Started
- Opera Mobile 12 for x86 Architectures
- Opera Mobile 12 for Android Ice Cream Sandwich MIPS Tablet
- 64-Bit Opera, and Out-of-Process Plug-Ins
- Love Your Devices: Adaptive Web Design With Media Queries, Viewport and More
- What’s New in Opera’s Snapshots: 7 October 2011
- CSS3 Radial Gradients
- Microdata & the microdata DOM API
- Web Education Moving Forward — Opera WSC Goes to the W3C!
- Introducing the HTML5 History API
- Opera Mobile Emulator for Desktop
- Unveiling Opera 11.10 Final
- CSS3 Linear Gradients
- An Opera of Creativity at NAConf!
- The CSS3
- New Structural Elements in HTML5
- New Form Features in HTML5
- Opera 11 Alpha: Adding Another Piece to the Puzzle
- Introduction to Opera Extensions
- Opera 10.60 Moves to the Beta Zone
- Opera 10.60 Alpha: Faster Than a Speeding Browser
- Scotch on the Rocks
- Opera Supports the WebM Video Format
- DIBI Conference, Gateshead, UK, Wednesday 28th April 2010
- Opera 10.52 Final for Mac Is Out!
- University Talk Resources, March 2010: HTML5 & CSS3 Slides
- Educating the Web Standards Kids — Scrunchup and More
- Win a Ticket to Web Directions South!
- Opera at d.Construct 2009, September 3-4 2009!
- A Call for Education: How Do We Educate the Web Standards Kids?
- Unleashed in the East: Ukraine University Tour April 26-30
- European Accessibility Forum Frankfurt, Friday 27th March 2009
- SXSWi 2009, March 12-18, Austin, Texas
- Find Me! Geolocation-Enabled Opera Build
- Introducing Opera Fingertouch
- 2008 — the Year the Web Grew Up?
- Video, 3D Canvas and File I/O: Repeat!
- Opera Binary Markup Language
- Opera Announces Specification for File I/O Access in Widgets
- Opera Kestrel Beta 2 Is Now Available
- Origin of Opera Mini for Android